Monday, December 12, 2011

You Have Been Elfed

Our neighborhood is nice in so many ways, but it's filled with older families.  The days when the neighbors gathered and had block parties have passed.  Now Christmas parties are only for adults because those throwing the parties have children who don't need bedtime stories and band aids for scrapped knees. 

When I drove through newer neighborhoods over Halloween, I saw neighbors playing You've Been Booed.  I made comments to my husband that I wanted to do that because I am sucker for things like that. It dawned on me this weekend that I shouldn't wait for my neighbors to start - I should do it!  Our countdown chain had us making cookies for the neighbors and instead of dropping them off, we elfed them.  I can't wait to see if it catches on!  I hope this continues as a neighborhood tradition because I can see my children telling stories about elfing the neighbors when they are adults.

These are the elf baskets I used with cookies covered on a plate.  The cookies were decorated by the children and they are a lovely shade of brown (red and green frosting mixed) and a ton of sprinkles.  My guess is the neighbors figured out who elfed them as soon as they saw their treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment