Monday, January 23, 2012

So You Want to be a Superhero

When Mister and Ladybug told me they wanted a SUPERHERO birthday I was very excited. I didn't have to convince Ladybug that Mister didn't love Dora as much as she did and didn't have to convince Mister that Ladybug wasn't into big trucks.  If you stay away from the typical party stores it is the perfect unisex party. 

I started out with a Google search and I cam across the most irresistible superhero party.  Every detail was perfect and this was my inspiration.

The Invite

The entire invite was done using Word.  If you are pressed for time check out ETSY (search: superhero invitation) for some really great invitations.
Each invitation came with a postcard for the superhero in training to return.



The Decor - Tablescape

The "tablecloth" is a flat bed sheet I found on clearance at Target.  



The buildings were made from cardboard, covered in wrapping paper, and the details were drawn.

The glass vases had "windows"  made from Duct Tape sheets sold at any craft store.  The stars are suckers from Michaels. 

The Kids' Tables


I bought three  DC Comics from the early 80s and late 70s at Half-Priced Books for around a dollar and glued them to pre-made placemats (Touch of Color) from the party store.  The DC Comic books pages were also used to make the birthday banner. 

Square craft foam was covered in wrapping paper and superhero cutouts were added.  Mister's had Batman instead of Wonder Woman.

Not pictured is the window where a speech bubble said, "Superhero Refueling Station" surrounded by red, blue, and yellow stars.

Welcome Superheroes

This was an 11 pm the night before idea that was done quickly and not up to my usual standards, but man alive was I tired.

The Door - Oh boy it's another wreath


This is a cupcake wrapper wreath.  It took 4 packages of cupcake wrappers for a 14" wreath and I could have put on one more.

Not pictured is a "Welcome New Superheroes" sign and balloons on the front porch. 

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! Tomorrow will bring more superhero fun.

2 comments:

  1. I am open-mouthed in astonishment. This is so great and I am incredibly impressed with these decorations. You took so much time to make them! They look amazing! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet Amanda! It has been my favorite party so far.

    ReplyDelete