Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ball Walk

It's funny how toddlers are content for a long time making piles and moving their piles. Something so simple can be the best entertainment.  This idea came from the Wee One when she was carrying a ball around in a shovel at my parent's house and her love of piles.

I put out two bins across the room. from each other.  One of the bins was full of different kinds of balls that ranged from golf ball size to toddler soccer ball size and a shovel.  The other bin was empty.  When the Wee One saw the bin full of balls she squealed and knew exactly what to do.  She put a ball on her shovel and carefully walked to the empty bin. 

Oh the excitement of a bin full of balls!

Some of the balls fit into the shovel so she could run to the other bin, while other balls fit on top and she had to walk slowly and carefully to the bin.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm going to try it in my toddler yoga class :)

    ReplyDelete