Monday, December 19, 2011

Have You Met Will?

In September, I gave two confessions and now I have one more: I am an Over Achieving Elf on the Shelf Mommy.  Yup, our "Will" has has roasted marshmallows, bungee jumped from the ceiling fan from toilet paper, stacked blocks with his "friends", and decorated the window with paper snowflakes.  Don't get me wrong I thought the blog post was funny, but a confession every so often is good for the soul.

And you know I don't care because I get as much excitement out of making "Will" do mischievous things as my children do finding him.  My crazy husband and I spent an hour learning how to make paper snowflakes and decorating the window. I suppose we could have spent that hour mindlessly watching television, but we had fun (fun for a ma'am) and enjoyed each other's company. 

I loved when my children were excited to tell Santa that they knew "Will" and every night before bed they want to hear the story about how "Will" came to live with us.  They call their Nay-Nay to tell her what "Will" was up to the night before.  I hope they talk about "Will" when they get older because that means my overachieving efforts were worth it. 



P.S. For the record I don't have a spare toilet to put out in our yard.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I think it's great that you have fun with Will. :) We don't have an elf but I think we will next year and I hope to do fun things with him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great ideas! I admire you MORE for being an Overachieving Elf on the Shelf Mommy. And those snowflakes look professionally done... like an elf did them or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,I think your kiddos would love an Elf. You are really crafy and would come up with some great ideas!

    Amanda, the idea came from the movie "Elf". By the way I love your homemade elf! I think "Will" is a little scary.

    ReplyDelete