Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Enjoy the Season and Do Good

Amanda inspired me to make an Advent activity chain.  We started on December 3rd rather than the 1st.

  • Buy a Christmas Tree
  • Decorate the house for Christmas
  • Operation Care Package for Kids (I hope we aren't too late for this)
  • Drop off a toys for Toys for Tots
  • Have a Christmas music dance party and roast marshmallows
  • Visit Santa
  • Watch Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer
  • Make and deliver cookies for the neighbors
  • Go sledding or make a snowman (weather depending) and make hot chocolate from scratch
  • Buy books for preschool book exchange
  • Donate some money from our piggy banks to the Salvation Army Red Kettles
  • Make a Christmas craft with Mommy
  • Write a letter to Santa
  • Watch a Christmas special on Netflix
  • Donate food at the local food bank
  • Make a gingerbread house
  • Make salt dough ornaments
  • Unwrap and read a new Christmas book
  • Make snowflake decorations for the assisted living home
  • Bake and deliver cookies to Daddy's work
  • Drive around and look at lights
  • Make pine cone feeders for the birds, leave out cookies for Santa, leave carrots for the reindeer, and say goodbye to Will (Elf on the Shelf)
  • Merry Christmas!  What are you thankful for?

    We colored and glittered stars for our chain.  Mister has some issues with his pencil grip, so I broke his crayons which force him to hold them correctly. 

2 comments:

  1. *Blushing!* Especially since there are so many much cuter Advent activity things out there, which I didn't know about before I did my post.
    I love all the giving activities you are doing, especially the assisted living snowflake decorations. Great idea!
    Can I look at lights with you? My husband doesn't like to do that. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's perfect for our family. It took a few minutes to put together and provides a month of fun and meaningful activities!

    My husband gets car sick, so we will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete