Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Summer Treat

Early this summer we stood in front of the popsicle freezer section looking for popsicles.  Ladybug and Mister were pointing and telling me which ones they wanted and I would read the ingredients.  All but one had high fructose corn syrup and a whole host of ingredients I wouldn't want in my body.  I finally settled on a brand without high fructose corn syrup and we went home.  Two months later the box of 12 popsicles has 10. 

After the popsicle failure we have been experimenting with making our own popsicles.  We did red popsicles for the Wee One and they turned out great.   
  • fresh pineapple - a little overripe
  • frozen strawberries
  • a squeeze of lime
Blend them up and freeze.  Real ingredients, no added sugar, and a wonderful treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment