Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mud Pies Don't Have Sugar!

One day my father was marvelling at his recent thrifty find and asked my mom who was thriftier than him?  My mom replied that my husband was thriftier and my dad said, "John?!  John isn't thrifty, he is cheap.  John is the cheapest of the cheap."  Do you know what happens when you marry someone who is thrifty?  You become the same way.  So, every timeI look at the Little Tikes Mud Pie Kitchen I know we don't need to spend money when we have the same thing right here.

While I was digging out to put in some edging, I had Mister and Ladybug put the dirt into their green bucket.  Not only did it keep them busy, but they loved getting their ingredients for their mud pies.  I set up the pool in and gave them their cookware.  I sat back and watched for an hour as the three of them cooked muffins, a pie, and mud soup.
  • a pie pan
  • a muffin tin
  • an old spatula
  • an old wooden mixing spoon
  • a watering can
  • a bucket



The next day we reviewed our making mud pie pictures.  I had Mister and Ladybug tell me the steps to make a mud pie.  They each drew the picture and I wrote their steps.  I encouraged them to use order words.



No comments:

Post a Comment