Monday, July 18, 2011

July - My Community

Our July theme is My Community with a little United States of America mixed in.  These are some of the activities Mister and Ladybug have on their shelves right now.

This was our before list.  After I defined community, I had them list all the things they knew about a community.  We are adding to the list as we go.


We looked at and sorted Community Cards

Math


These were purchased from Target's dollar section

Patterns

Flag counting

Practical Life


After sticking in the pinwheels, Mister and Ladybug love to make wind to see how many they can get to go around at once.

Literacy

I found these at Target's dollar section too.  They are little overwhelmed having all the cards and I have had to give them ideas how to organize their work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment