Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's A New Year's Thing

Among my other "things" I have a thing for starting traditions and New Year's Eve is the perfect time of year to create those family traditions.  Because we live the crazy life we have fondue and a dance party every year.  This fondue recipe is sure to be a hit with your kids and you.  Throw in some homemade party hats, homemade noisemakers, and party decorations and you can party in style - have kids who get up early style.

The Party Preparations!

The Set-Up

The big box is our glittering box.  
The Progress

I drew lines for Mister and Ladybug to cut so they would know where to stop, but I encouraged them to make additional cuts if they wanted more curls.  

The Results


The Fondue and Kiddie Cocktails! 
We ate the entire pot of fondue plus 12 pieces of sushi and 3 mini desserts!

Fondue Dippers

  • Steak
  • Shrimp
  • Broccoli
  • Bread
  • Sweet Peppers
  • Cucumbers
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomatoes

The product of going to school is raising your hand at the table. 
She drank it all before the fondue started!

The Party

The noisemakers had lentils on the inside with pony beads attached to ribbons for an extra loud factor.  Stringing the pony beads was a good exercise in fine motor, too.

It's not a party without a lot of noise!  
America's Best Dance Crew, er, stop, collaborate and listen.
A Wishing Tree
This was one of our newest tradition this year.  I plan to keep it out all year (maybe paint the branches, get a new holder, you know pretty it up) so we can revisit our wishes.

I used my Cricut to cut the ovals.



We also did some goal setting and talked about resolutions, but not until breakfast.  I have a tendency to plan a little too much, but I consider it a bonus from my teaching days.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look like you had a ton of fun!

    MaryG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We had a lot of fun and the hats are still being worn.

    ReplyDelete