Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's a Happy Birthday!

Two things are going at our house and both are typical.  First, the Wee One is obsessed with happy birthdays (i.e. cupcakes).  Second, she has decided she no longer eats vegetables.  Wait, what no vegetables?  I get loving cupcakes, I love cupcakes, but we eat a lot of vegetables.  In order to show her that vegetables are good, we had happy birthday with carrots and zucchini.  I found this recipe and I am so glad I did because they are fantastic! 

I realized that I haven't done much cooking with the Wee One and by this age Mister and Ladybug were well versed in baking.  Of course the Wee One has to fight for space on the Learning Tower, so she usually misses most of the cooking and baking.


Her initial reaction to the carrots and zucchini was tears, but she tasted the batter (it's a losing battle) and found it was pretty good!


While the happy birthdays were baking, we made hats for CoCo's birthday. 


When the happy birthdays were ready we had our party.  The Wee One sang Happy Birthday to Coco and blew out the candle.

The Wee One gave CoCo a bite, but gave me a firm head shake no when I asked.

We often overlook toddlers in the kitchen because it can be a lot of work to manage them and the cooking. The potential for a huge mess feels frightenting, but the kitchen is such a wonderful learning place for toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment