Monday, November 14, 2011

Nutrition - Part 1

We love to eat and we love to cook, so this month has been especially enjoyable for all of us.  Here is what we have done so far:

Practical Life

I have seen pumpkin cleaning on a variety of sites and planned on putting this on their shelf this month, but I love that Chasing Cheerios took it one step farther.  She had her girls decorate and clean the pumpkin. 

Mister was so intense on his coloring and cleaning.  After he decorated his pumpkin, he was methodical in getting all the marker off.

Literacy


I wasn't able to find an English version of this series, but I am able to read Spanish (see my year in Spain didn't go to waste).  The pictures are fun and real.

We skipped over the final sets of letter sounds because I realized they were bored and knew all the sounds.  As an assessment, I made a complete sound to letter matching activity.  Mister felt overwhelmed by the amount of work, so he only completed a portion of it.

Sensorial

Mister and Ladybug have sorting down, but since I bought these on clearance last year I figured they could do one more.  Surprisingly the Wee One has tried to do her own sorting.

Math

We are still working on counting by 2s and then looking for the continuing pattern on the calendar.  This banana paper was found at JoAnn Fabrics in the dollar section.  I put contact paper over them before punching a hole, so the paper wouldn't rip.

No comments:

Post a Comment