Monday, June 6, 2011

Creepy Crawlers - Part One

When I started putting these activities together, I watched a lot of praying mantis videos on night.  They are amazing insects and scary in your dreams.  I had a dream I was a praying mantis' lunch.  I am no longer watching praying mantis videos and I don't think I will show Ladybug and Mister any videos.

Insect Lore caterpillars and chrysalis. 

Match a Bug - I saw something similar on Lakeshore's website but decided I could make my own.  In this picture, all the bugs are in the same basket, but generally I have 5 in each set.


Butterfly sticks - I found these in the dollar section at Michaels

Bug Memory - Mister likes to play with about 6 pairs while Ladybug enjoys the entire set.  I have kept the bug identification chart in the basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment