Thursday, February 7, 2013

Feel the Love - February Literacy Shelf Work

I am sad to report that the love for sensory bins is dwindling around here so this month I recycled the Valentine Sensory Bin.  It's not all bad since this is the first time the Wee One has explored this bin.  Also it gave me more time to think about their shelf work for the month.  

Mister - He has really regressed on reading and is struggling a lot so we have returned to basic CVC words and sight words.

Ladybug - She has taken off reading and knows the majority of her kindergarten sight words.  We started working on Silent E.

Wee One - She has shown an interest in letters and reading, so we are focusing on letter sounds.



Mister has a tendency to put a "t" on the end of every word, so to increase his phonemic awareness I made a silly word sheet so he has to sound out each word.



Mister had to identify and color the sight words "the" "I" and "see".
Color chip word isolator.
Sight word writing.
Find the sight words.
There is a lot of Mister's work because Ladybug has been a little under the weather.  The Wee One's letter work will be in another post because she gets one-on-one work 3 days a week.

Also, I have the "I See" book and the silly word coloring saved and if there is interest I will put up a link.  Happy Working!

No comments:

Post a Comment