Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Starry, Starry Night

When I gave the Wee One her foil surprises, I realized that she loved the star the most.  I shouldn't be surprised since we read the star book multiple times a day, so I took her love of stars and her love for inserting objects into containers and created her Starry, Starry Night activity. 

I reached into my closet of empty containers and found the perfect size and I painted it black.  When it dried Mister and Ladybug helped me add star stickers.  The stickers were small, so it took a lot of fine motor skills to not only peel them off the page, but to get them on the container.  The Wee One took the small and medium stars from the Nocturnal Animal Sensory Bin and inserted them into the container.


This activity sits next to her favorite book on the shelf.

Twinkle, Twinkel star book - She has started to try to sing the song and she seems to have inherited my singing gene. 


No comments:

Post a Comment