Friday, October 21, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear?

One night Mister and Ladybug were sitting at dinner, it was getting dark out and Mister said, "Do you hear that?"  He looked at Ladybug with big eyes and she started to giggle and replied, "Maybe it's a bear!"  They continued playing this game through dinner and named all the nocturnal animals they knew. 

While they were playing the game, it reminded me of the last time I went camping many years ago.  First, we forgot the sleeping bags and my husband bought some that went down to 32 degrees.  That's great except it was 18 degrees that night.  When we sent up the tent we borrowed from my mother-in-law (our tent was missing a very important rod, like the one that holds up the top) we realized it was being held together by duct tape and it was so thin we could see right through it.  The last straw was I DID hear a bear.  That, my friends, was the end of my tent camping days...at least out in the wild.

I decided to combine Mister and Ladybug's "hearing" nocturnal animals and my last camping trip and create an indoor campsite.

We took small pieces of wood, added crepe paper to make a fire.

Our tent

Ladybug looking for the bear
We spent all day pretending we were camping.  We read stories in our tent, went on a bear hunt, and ate smores.  Now, that is my idea of camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment