Wednesday, May 25, 2011

All About Seeds and Plants - Part 3

Here is the last set of our seeds and plants.  I hope you were able to find something you or your child(ren) enjoyed!


You can't have a seed and plant unit without this stand by activity.  We talked about how the plant drinks water.

This was review from last year and I was pleased how much they remembered.

I gave Mister and Ladybug 4 cucumber plants and asked them what would happen if the plants didn't get something they needed.  We looked at our plants chart and I told them that we would be finding out what happens when we don't give one plant water and one plant sun.  I had them give me a prediction for each one and wrote it on the cup.  I told Ladybug and Mister that they were like scientists and scientists give  hypothesis.  They really liked this word.  Every few days we take out the plants for observations. 

Ladybug and Mister made a flower and told me each part so I could label.  It as a good assessment tool to see if they could name the parts of a plant.  Mister even told me that the middle of the flower was where the seeds are and with a little prompting he said, "even some flowers have pollen!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment